- Wholesale and retail trade sub-sector activity expanded m/m on seasonally adjusted basis by 2.46% in July 2013, having posted a m/m decline of 1.49% back in June 2013. 3mo MA through July 2013 was down 2.19% on 3mo MA through July 2012 and 6mo MA is down 4.21% y/y.
- Transport and storage sub-sector posted a m/m expansion of 1.86% in July 2013, following a contraction in June 2013 of 2.08%. 3mo MA is up 3.84% y/y and 6mo MA is up 4.36%.
- Accommodation and food services sub-sector activity contracted 0.76% in July 2013 m/m, having posted an expansion of 1.06% in June 2013. 3mo MA is now up just 0.32% y/y and 6mo MA is up 1.27% y/y.
- Administrative and support services sub-sector activity shrunk 1.24% m/m in July 2013, having posted 5.25% growth in June 2013. 3mo MA is now up a massive 23.76% y/y and 6mo MA is up 22.04%.
- Information and communication sub-sector activity shrunk 4.01% m/m in July 2013, having posted growth of 1.71% in June. 3mo MA is now up 8.01% y/y and 6mo MA is up 9.23% y/y.
- Professional, scientific and technical activities sub-sector is down 4.68% m/m in July, having posted an 1.74% expansion in June. 3mo MA is down 6.64% y/y and 6mo MA is down 3.23% y/y.
Lastly, overall index:
- Services sector activity fell 0.82% m/m in July after posting growth of 0.37% m/m in June 2013.
- 3mo MA through July 2013 was up 2.73% y/y against previous 3mo period MA growth of 2.09% y/y.
- 6mo MA is up 2.41% y/y.
Overall, still solid performance in the Services sector, with monthly (seasonally adjusted) changes not exactly stellar, but gains of the previous months continue to carry the sector to annual expansion.